About the job
Kids with a faith in Jesus grow up with a healthy foundation of confidence, joy and love because they know that God is real, God loves them, God is always with them and they are eternally secure. The Director of Kids Ministry leads a team of paid staff and volunteers who creatively and passionately ensures 1000 kids every week (birth to fifth grade) build a stronger relationship with Jesus. The Director ensures Black Rock Kids Ministry is biblically sound, attractive to parents and children, fun and relevant to the current needs of families and children. The Director carries the passion for this ministry, manages all the moving pieces, and keeps the staff and volunteers happy and engaged.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO:
- Lead a fun, biblical based Kids Ministry that effectively reaches and disciples kids and equips parents to fulfill their God given role raising their children to love and follow Jesus.
- Manage Kids Ministry paid staff and volunteer teams, providing support, development, and feedback to ensure consistency, quality, and effectiveness.
- Oversee the Kids Ministry staff and volunteer teams who run all aspects of Kids Ministry - Sunday Morning Kids Programs, Midweek Kids Programs, VBS, Summer Adventure Day Camp, Family Events & Parenting Seminars.
- Lead Kid’s ministry staff and volunteers to ensure we have fun, engaging, biblically based Sunday large and small group programs for 400 kids (babies through 5th graders) at three morning services.
- Lead volunteer leaders who facilitate dynamic Wednesday Night Kids Programs - Kids J.A.M. (K-1st grade), Spark (Girls 2nd-5th), Stockade (Boys 2nd-5th). Work with volunteer leaders to cast vision, equip and train teams, create calendars, and facilitate database and Realm usage.
- Oversee a 6 week Summer Adventure Day camp with 200 kids per week run by 30+ paid summer staff.
- Work with Kids Ministry staff and volunteer leaders to ensure a week long Vacation Bible School program for 400 kids that is fun, spiritually powerful, and educational.
- Maintain and monitor Kids’ ministry budget, including Summer Adventure, in accordance with the BRC yearly budgeting process.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Passion for God, growing spiritually and serving in the local church.
- Passion for helping kids put their faith in Jesus and build the foundation of their lives knowing God loves them, is with them and for them.
- An outgoing and approachable leader of leaders who can cast vision, lead the Kids Ministry staff, build and equip volunteer teams, and guide parents.
- Effective communicator to kids, teachers, volunteers and parents.
- Ability to recruit, equip, and shepherd volunteers effectively.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years experience working or serving in Kids Ministry programming for mid to large sized churches.
- A person who agrees with Black Rock Church’s Statement of Faith and lives out our Lifestyle Statement.