About the job
Berea Baptist church is currently accepting resumes for a Next Generation Pastor. The NGP will be responsible for our Youth and Children’s departments. The primary focus will be the Youth ministry responsibilities. This candidate will also work with the Children’s Ministry Director to coordinate, oversee, and plan the strategy and activities for our Children’s Ministry.
The ideal candidate for this position is a person who loves Christ, loves people, and have a passion for the next generation of leaders. He is a visionary who can inspire and oversee the NextGen ministries in Berea. The NGP will be a mature Youth Ministry leader with a specific passion and gifting for teen ministry but who is able to connect well with people of all ages.
This pastor is the primary leader and director for all activities for the children and youth ministries, which includes nursery through youth. He is tasked with overseeing the other Children Ministry Director while serving as the Youth Ministry Director.
Responsibilities and Expectations
· Oversee, organize, and lead the age-graded ministries of the church: Nursery through Youth
· Serve as the Ministry Director for the Youth Ministry of Berea (Grades 6-12)
· Work with the Children’s Ministry Director to ensure that the children’s ministry is adequately serving the needs of Berea’s children
· Provide vision and direction for the intentional attraction, retention, and discipleship of all children and teens entrusted to these ministries.
· Coordinate, execute, and communicate a calendar of NextGen ministry activities that will foster evangelistic opportunities, positive peer group development, spiritual growth, and engaging events for all ages under this position.
· Plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced Next Gen ministry in the areas of team building, worship, discipleship, missions, and evangelism (utilizing proven methods including camps, retreats, banquets, lock-ins, field trips, and other scheduled events), in collaboration with the Children’s Director and youth ministry volunteers.
· Recruit, organize, and oversee the appropriate volunteers to accomplish the objectives of the NextGen ministry of Berea (Children’s Church teachers, Youth ministry teachers and leaders and Worship Team, event volunteers, weekly helpers, etc.)
· Oversee, lead and work with the Vacation Bible School (VBS) volunteers in planning, organizing, coordinating, and presenting the annual VBS for the church
· Oversee, lead and work with the Kids For Christ Volunteers in planning, organizing and coordinating K4C activities for Berea
· Cultivate a ministry culture that encourages parent involvement in every facet of the ministry.
· Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to NextGen ministries
· Annually develop and oversee the NextGen Ministry budget to use it effectively and wisely, utilizing church resources to maximize ministry opportunities.
· Utilize the church’s database to celebrate new guests, birthdays, and other pertinent family events.
· Use creative strategies to provide timely communication to the families and local community regarding what’s happening at Berea
· Plan, oversee, and execute weekly, monthly, and annual activities to equip students to #livesent
· Support the Senior Pastor in the overall accomplishment of vision casting and leadership of the church
· Assist the Senior Pastor in such pastoral duties as hospital visitation, ministry to shut-ins, and outreach.
· Be available and prepared to assist or fill-in for Senior Pastor in other ministry areas as necessary
Qualifications and Training
· The candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Theology or a related field
· At least 2 years of relevant ministry experience
· Lead by example, the disciplined Christian life exhibited by an exemplary attitude, a vibrant personal devotional life, personal evangelism, and a love for Jesus.
· Cultivate an atmosphere of camaraderie and teamwork with everyone involved in the ministry.
· Set the example of servant leadership by leading in a way that demonstrates humility and the willingness to do what he asks others to do.
· Agree with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
· Candidate must be ordained or be a candidate for ordination.
· The candidate must have a self-awareness of having received a call from the Lord for his ministry, having had that call confirmed by others in the Body of Christ.
· Must possess a pattern of spiritual growth that is evidenced by a life of prayer, personal obedience to the Word of God, and the proven ability to discern the Lord’s will and guidance in decision making.
· Must pass a background check
· Must be willing and able to work weekends, holidays, and nights as required
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3433