About the job
Pastor for the Belwood Charge : Kadesh, Knob Creek and St. Peters
· Background in seminary education
· A graduate or bachelor’s degree preferred; however all applicants will be considered
· Must profess a call to preach
· Models Christian behavior in daily living with a lifelong commitment to spiritual practice
· Commits to continually mature in his or her Christian walk
· Maintain a relationship of covenantal accountability with God and the church
· Demonstrates a devotion to personal Bible study and prayer
Worship and Church Ministry:
· Prepare and deliver sermons on a weekly basis to each of the three churches as per schedule. Be timely to each service.
· Demonstrate a high value of Scripture; use scripture as the basis of sermon.
· Hold service of Holy Communion for each church at least once per quarter
· Officiate at marriages, baptisms, and funerals of church members.
· Organize Confirmation Classes as needed for those who have a desire to learn more about our church and prepare for church membership.
· Organize Bible Studies on a schedule that is to be determined.
· Assist in developing a viable youth ministry. Provide opportunities for the youth to engage in service projects. Hold social activities for the youth (i.e. movies, bicycling, hiking, etc)
· Conduct special worship services as outline by the Charge Council
· Cooperate with the Charge Council on any other program needs that may arise
· Establish a visitation program for the sick, homebound and bereaved members. In additional all members should be nurtured through fellowship and prayer.
· Implement programs and events that are in alignment with the church’s mission, working with church officers and congregants to fulfill the goals and objectives of the Belwood Charge
· Work with our local schools in determining how we can best be of service to the students in our area (i.e. backpack ministry, school clean up days, etc.)
· Be open to working with nonprofits and other religious organizations in a cooperative effort to demonstrate the churches concern for all people’s welfare. (i.e. The Lord Provides Soup Kitchen, Scouting events, Blood Drives)
Organizational & Personal Skills Desired:
· Confident and strong in dealing with confrontation
· Professional and timely communication in all emails, conversations and other forms of communication
· Sets an example by demonstrating strong moral character
· Skilled at building teams and organizational structures
· Able to clearly communicate within all aspects of the position
· Maintains privacy when working with congregation members on sensitive issues
· Work diligently with the church officers, boards, and committees to determine the direction of the church as issues arise.
· Attend committee meeting for all three churches as necessary, and help to coordinate the three churches in joint mission/program objectives.
· Skilled in financial management
· Ability to communicate needs and timeframes with the Charge Secretary. Provides information for the Charge Newsletter on a timely basis (i.e. calendar information, a newsletter article monthly)
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3207