Pastor – Solo at Bedford Presbyterian Church
Bedford, VA 24523
About the job
Worship: The pastor is responsible for the weekly proclamation of God’s Word & administration of the sacraments.
Discipleship: In cooperation with the Session, the pastor is responsible to promote Christian education in the church preaching, teaching and interpretation of Scripture.
Pastoral care: With elders/deacons, the pastor should be available to the congregation in times of rejoicing, illness, bereavement, and emergencies.
Mission/Evangelism: the pastor should support the current mission activities of the church & community.
Administration: Oversees staff. Ensures good and efficient operations including recordkeeping.
Characteristics / qualifications needed:
• Called by God to pastoral ministry; committed to a life guided by prayer and the scriptures
• Outgoing, works to grow the church & build relationships in the community
• Proponent of the Reformed faith and Presbyterian theology
• Flexible / open to new ideas and suggestions
• Humility and a willingness to be coached when needed
• Works with Minister of Music blending traditional and informal worship
• Honest and forthright
• Good listening skills; effective communicator; articulate speaker
• Leadership skills; delegation of responsibility & good time management
• Accountable to Session in matters pertaining to the representation of the church in the community
• Fosters dynamic prayer ministry