Lead Pastor at Beavercreek Christian Church
About the job
Job Description - Lead Pastor
Beavercreek Christian Church
Beavercreek Christian Church (BCC) Is a community of believers striving to be Christlike. The church leadership functions based upon the interdependence of the gifted individuals working together, not based upon hierarchy structure. The Lead Pastor is tasked with being part of the planning, oversight, and implementation of the Apostolic, Prophet, Evangelist, Shepherd, Teacher
(APEST) model. He/She will work in concert with ministry leaders, pastors, and volunteers, assuring that the congregation and staff are united behind the Great Commission and Great Commandment of Jesus Christ. This will require a clear and compelling communication of the beliefs, values and strategy of Beavercreek Christian Church and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision, and strategy. We plan to focus on making BCC a place where younger adults and families feel like they have a church home and we are more active in our community. The Lead Pastor will develop, disciple people into a relationship with Jesus and his church through sharing the gospel. The role will implement and manage strategic plans and day to day staff management.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a background in pastoral ministry, demonstrated experience in leading church
staff/volunteers, and preaching experience. Qualifications include but are not limited to:
• Evidence of a committed, mature, and deepening relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Bachelor’s in ministry/bible, masters preferred
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing ministry teams
• Having the APEST gifts of Evangelism and Shepherding
• Proven ability to execute and manage plans (day to day operations and strategic plans)
• Believing in a model of servant leadership and staff collaboration
• Experience in Biblical teaching and preaching in a pastoral/ministry role.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Highly relational interpersonal skills, demonstrating authenticity, energy, enthusiasm, and passion for ministry and people.
• Strong leadership skills including the ability to develop and articulate a mission/vision, build support, and engage the church
community in fulfilling its purpose
• Strong in biblical preaching with a strong emphasis on practical application
• Ability to recruit, train, develop, and motivate people for service in the church and community.
• A creative, entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to envision and revitalize, spearheading change as needed.
• Ability to partner and collaborate with church leadership to develop goals and execute plans to achieve them.
The Lead Pastor will provide active guidance and leadership in the following areas:
Evangelist: Assist BCC in reaching out to into our community and promoting a connectedness to BCC with a focus on younger adults and families. Foster younger adult and younger family connections to BCC. Be a member of the speaking team and provide the Sunday morning message on a rotational basis as determined by the speaking team (approximately once a month). Responsible for monitoring the discipleship strategy for the church. This discipleship strategy will include engaging people in corporate worship, encouraging them to grow spiritually, leveraging their spiritual gifts, connecting them in serving opportunities, and challenging them to fulfill their Godgiven mission to make disciples.
Leadership: Supervise and support the staff and ministry teams as they oversee church ministries and functions on a regular basis. Guide staff in goal setting, leadership development, and spiritual direction. Work alongside the Elders to lead the congregation with a servant heart and respect. Encourage, empower, and develop current and future church leaders. Serve on the Leadership Team made up of Elders and senior staff representing Evangelist/Shepherd gifting. Provide ongoing evaluation of the health and effectiveness of the church, offering perspectives and suggestions that will help BCC develop and maintain successful ministry. Seek God’s direction in discerning His plan for the BCC community through the exploration and implementation of creative ways to achieve His mission.
Shepherding: Provide guidance and assistance to individuals in the church community. Exemplify compassion and love to all people and give counsel as needed. Guide leaders and others in the church to give care to those in need. Provide general pastoral care and counseling as requested. Officiate weddings and funerals as requested. It is understood that the pastoral staff is not able to provide direct care for every person and may refer individuals to church leaders, other church members, or professional resources.
Prayer: Pray diligently for and with the church community and staff. Seek God’s direction in identifying and supporting those who
The Lead Pastor is accountable to the Elders and ultimately to the church membership. He/She will be present to provide input,
perspective, and guidance at Elder meetings. All staff members report to the Lead Pastor.
General Staff Expectations:
1. Attend Weekly Gatherings.
2. Attend the weekly staff meeting.
3. Coordinate calendar with other staff members and the ministry of the entire church.
4. Collaborate with the Elders in setting realistic and challenging goals, contribute to their accomplishment, and work in harmony with the elders, staff, and membership.
5. Take part in a huddle, home group, or its equivalent.
6. Share common areas of service with the other staff members such as hospital visits, counseling, weddings, funerals, and preaching when needed.
7. Respond to all staff/volunteer concerns in a timely manner.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
We follow the safety guidelines as established by our health department, local and state government.