Director of Family Ministries at Arcadia Community Church
Arcadia, CA 91006
About the job
Director of Family Ministries
Arcadia Community Church, Arcadia, CA (hereinafter referred to as ACC)
Job Type: Exempt-supervisory
The Director of Family Ministries will be responsible to oversee and develop Arcadia Community Church’s Family Ministry as an environment that cultivates biblical marriages, disciples’ children, youth, and college age young people. This position will include the development and supervision of both a Men’s and Women’s ministry which will faithfully engage them with each other, the church and community. The Director of Family Ministries will also oversee the expansion of the Acadia Conservatory of Music.
Strengths & Skill Set:
- M.Div. degree.
- Ordination, or be in process for ordination, in the PC(USA).
- Commitment to the vision and mission of Arcadia Community Church as cast by the Senior Pastor.
- Strong abilities and experience in equipping leaders and working with ministry teams.
- Ability to connect relationally with families, and all adults in the church.
- Good teaching ability and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategy.
- Strong ability to lead, communicate, plan, organize and delegate effectively.
- A willingness and ability to pioneer new things and inspire others to new initiatives
- Computer Proficiency.
- Agree with the standards of the Reformed Faith with a Calvinistic theology.
- Agree with the Leadership Covenant of Arcadia Community Church.
- Provide innovative and creative leadership for the children’s, student, and all Family Ministries.
- Recruit and develop ministry leaders for all Family Ministries which align with the strategic plan, mission, and vision of the church.
- Supervise paid staff coordinating Family Ministries.
- Develop, implement, and supervise a Men and Women’s Ministry.
- Develop, implement, and supervise a Marriage Enrichment Ministry.
- Prepare and manage an annual budget for each area of Family Ministries.
- Supervise and assist the Arcadia Conservatory of Music to expand to be the Arcadia Academy of Fine Arts.
- Submit a monthly Pastoral Report to the Senior Pastor and Session for all assigned ministry areas.
- Participate in the weekly Leadership Staff Meetings, and retreats.
- Participate in the weekly Ministerium Meetings with all pastoral staff.
- Develop and submit an annual plan to the Senior Pastor for your own spiritual development, leadership development, and professional development.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in the overall programming of the church, aid in special projects, and implement specific assignments given by the Senior Pastor related to general pastoral ministry and activities.
- Other tasks or duties assigned by the Head of Staff.
- Professing, growing, committed Christian of exemplary personal and family life.
- Evangelical orientation in Theology and evangelical spirit; in full agreement with the doctrinal position of ACC; actively participating in the life and activities of ACC.
- Belief in an environment of cooperative teamwork with other members of the ACC staff, Elders, Deacons, and lay ministry teams.
This is a fulltime, salaried position. Reports to the Senior Pastor.