About the job
The Youth Coordinator will lead the Youth Ministry Program under the general direction of the Lead Pastor and foster an inclusive environment to nurture and equip students (6th-12th grade) through worship, prayer, Bible study, fellowship, and discipleship relationships. The primary responsibilities of this role are building and coordinating a youth group (bi-monthly), a weekly Sunday school, and monthly events/activities. This position is 10-15 Hours/Week and could eventually lead to a Youth Director position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains own spiritual growth by attending church services and a small group on a regular basis
• Regularly prays and offers encouragement to those involved in youth ministries.
• Provides prayer and counsel for students and families in need.
• Schedules and maintains daily devotional life.
• Leads a team of volunteers to shepherd, lead, and execute vision of the ministry.
• Attends and promotes youth training conferences, courses, and staff/leader retreats.
• Meets with individuals and/or a few youth weekly in order to build relationships, accountability, and encourage involvement in youth and church-related events, activities, and programs including one-on-one discipleship of one or more individual youth members.
• Attends monthly meetings with pastoral staff.
• Meets with support staff/volunteers monthly.
• Meets with youth parents at least quarterly.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this role. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prefer minimum of two years college education with related experience in youth leadership or Christian education.
• Experienced in Bible teaching and small group ministries.
• Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
• Love of God with knowledge and understanding of God’s word.
• Sensitivity to Asian-American culture.
• Prefer administrative capability and ability to respond to emails in a timely manner.
Our current COVID Safety Protocols:
-we require masking indoors at all times on church campus
-we also enforce social distancing indoors