Director of Giving, Development and Economic Justice at All Saints Church, Pasadena
Pasadena, CA 91101
About the job
The Director of Giving, Development and Economic Justice reports to the Rector
and will provide leadership, strategic direction, management and coordination of
all fundraising and fund development efforts for All Saints Church. The director
will stimulate and sustain an attitude of generosity throughout the institution and
lead the community in articulating a theology of giving and faithful engagement
with economic systems in our personal and corporate lives.
All Saints Church
All Saints is a progressive and dynamic Episcopal Church located in
Pasadena, California. It is a thriving faith community rooted in a tradition of
intellectual engagement and enrichment, and fully committed to offering a
deeply fulfilling worship experience.
All Saints core values are:
- Radical Inclusion
- Courageous Justice
- Joyful Spirituality
- Ethical Stewardship
The Director of Development and Economic Justice fulfills a critical
leadership position, creating and sustaining a culture of generosity and
faithful transformation of economic systems at All Saints Church. The
director will help lead our conversations about the role of wealth in our faith
and lives. The director will draw on the skills and talents of the
congregation, optimizing the diversity of communities within All Saints.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help articulate a theology of development and giving that works in concert with our work dismantling White Supremacy Culture and growing Beloved
- Work with senior staff and Vestry to shape and guide strategy for all fundraising including annual fund, potential capital campaign and planned giving.
- Work with senior staff and Vestry critically and faithfully to engage our
participation in economic systems with the goal of transformation leading to
equity and justice.
- Work with senior staff and Vestry to achieve the highest standard of economic equity and justice in the internal affairs of the congregation.
- Contribute to the church’s advancement goals by building strong relationships with all constituencies.
- Oversight of all aspects of the annual giving to support the operating budget.
- Oversight of All Saints’ Planned Giving Program, the Legacy Society, to develop and implement strategies to steward current donors and add new members.
- Manage a portfolio of current and prospective leadership donors, cultivating relationships to keep them in the center of our faith community and enhance their giving experience.
- Work with the Rector to manage the Rector’s portfolio of vestry and major donors.
- Work with leadership to develop the yearly giving and events calendar including dates for training and acknowledging volunteers.
- Identify, recruit and train volunteers to ensure the success of the stewardship efforts.
- Nurture and maintain a highly collaborative relationship with the Rector and Vestry, supporting them in their fundraising efforts and accompanying them on donor visits, when appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications
- Committed to embracing and enhancing the mission and philosophy of the
Church and maintaining a sense of community within the Church environment.
- At least five years of proven experience and knowledge of:
- Annual giving program development and implementation
- Major Giving programs including prospect identification, cultivation
personal solicitation, acknowledgment and recognition
- Planned Giving
- Capital Campaigns
- Fundraising software and database management
- All aspects of volunteer leadership and training
- Creative and innovative fundraising strategies
- Grant research, cultivation, and successful grant writing
- Donor communications
- Understanding of, belief in and ability to speak about the theology of generosity and to articulate a faithful critique of economic systems.
- Ability to work cross-culturally, intergenerationally and collaboratively within a large and diverse staff and congregation.
- Keen strategic thinker who can assemble and analyze data/ideas from across the organization and over the years, and synthesize relevant data/ideas to assemble and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Deep attraction and commitment to the mission and values of All Saints Church.
All Saints Church is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an ongoing process of multiculturalism and equity of gender and sexual identity. We encourage all interested people from all races, ethnic origins, national origins, faith communities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions to apply.