Worship & Creative Arts Director/Pastor at All Peoples Community Church
About the job
All Peoples Community Church (APCC) is a gospel-centered, disciple-making, multicultural, and multiplying church in Fairfax, VA in the Washington, DC area. APCC was planted in September 2016 with the vision to be a church for all peoples united in Christ for the flourishing of our community, city, and nations.
The Worship & Creative Arts Director will develop the worship culture and help make mature disciples at APCC by providing leadership for Sunday services.
The ideal candidate is a faithful follower of Jesus who is a musically gifted leader with a heart for Jesus, the local church, and unbelievers. The candidate must have demonstrable experience in leading a congregation in worship and developing the character, competence, and chemistry of a worship team in diverse styles of music. The responsibilities of this position focus primarily on the preparation for and execution of Sunday worship gatherings. This individual will work directly alongside the pastoral team and be directly accountable to the lead pastor and/or the elder overseeing the worship ministry.
The responsibilities of this position focus primarily on the preparation for and execution of our Sunday worship gatherings. Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Being a member in good standing at APCC, with all of the commitments and responsibilities entailed in believing, belonging, and behaving as a covenant family member.
- Work alongside the pastoral team in shaping worship services for APCC and other gatherings.
- Pursue consistency and excellence for APCC’s liturgy and the flow of service.
- Schedule volunteers for all aspects of Sunday services using Planning Center.
- Ensure that weekly presentations are set in ProPresenter.
- Ideally, utilize Ableton Live to mix and enhance songs.
- Lead the services for at least half of the Sundays of the month.
- Raise up and develop theologically sound, qualified, gifted, and healthy worship team and worship leaders.
- Develop a library of songs and set list that reflects and expresses the heart of APCC and the diversity of the church and our community.
- Build community among the members of the APCC worship team and lead by example through fostering a culture of God-directed, gospel-infused worship, including leading the team to a deeper understanding of worship through music.
Lead music at other APCC events and outreaches, including but not limited to quarterly Worship and Prayer Meetings,
- Member meetings, etc.
- Develop and expand the existing team of volunteers who run the sound board and ProPresenter during the Sunday service.
- Additional responsibilities include working with the A/V and sound team, Media team, Children’s Ministry, and administrative aspects of the church.
- Experience in leading congregational worship and church gatherings/events.
- Theological training is a plus.