About the job
YOUTH & SMALL GROUPS PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Youth and Small Groups Pastor plans and executes the spiritual, administrative, and communication elements of the Youth Group and Small Groups ministries of All Nations Community Church (ANCC) in alignment with the senior pastor’s overarching vision for discipleship. This is a full-time staff position.
ANCC is a Gospel-centered church that exists to make disciples who love Jesus, live like Jesus, and lead others to Jesus.
SPECIFIC POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- Establish and execute goals for Youth Group by recruiting leaders and volunteers, planning related events, managing the use of facilities, preparing appropriate budgets, delegating tasks, and evaluating progress regularly.
- Oversee and execute an effective strategy for the spiritual formation of middle school and high schoolers that includes preaching, teaching, and spiritual care.
- Meet with Youth Group volunteers for care, encouragement, coaching, and accountability.
- Maintain current website and social media content for Youth Group.
- Participate in the weekly staff meeting and in the planning of special programs and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Direct, manage, and develop all aspects of Small Groups: create and execute an annual plan that ensures continuous improvement and growth of Small Group involvement, recruit and train leaders, form new groups, oversee existing groups, develop a budget, etc.
- Shepherd, develop, and mentor Small Group Leaders in their personal relationship with Christ, as well as in their competency to lead their groups with skill, excellence, and humility.
- Integrate Small Group to the Connection Pathway to support first-time guests to becoming active and spiritually growing church members.
- Passion for Jesus, discipleship, and justice as a tangible expression of the Gospel.
- Commitment to the Scripture and prayer, a growing personal relationship with Christ, and above-reproach living.
- Commitment to the theology, mission, vision, values, and strategies of ANCC.
- Fast, fluid, and flexible. Positive, can-do attitude.
- Independent worker, administratively gifted, forward thinker, relationally strong, problem solver.
- Minimum 3 years experience in youth and discipleship-related ministries.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Biblical Studies, Youth Ministry, or related field. M.Div. or MA from a theological seminary preferred.
Staff is required to be fully vaccinated and wear masks while indoors at all times. Attenders must show proof of vaccination or negative PCR Covid test results within 72 hours of entrance at church, plus wear masks indoors. Everyone must comply with local, state, and federal guidances on COVID-19.