About the job
Worship Pastor - Redeemer's Fellowship
Redeemer’s Fellowship seeks a worship pastor who is passionate about leading creative worship experiences that draw people into the presence of Christ through music. They will focus on leading and equipping a team of volunteer musicians and vocalists to help create an authentic worship culture that aligns with the mission and values of the church.
This is an opportunity to bring leadership and musical energy to a church that is launching into a new ministry season after successfully completing a lead-pastor succession process this past year. The worship pastor will be part of a dynamic team that is building on the legacy of the past while reaching the next generation with a forward focus.
WHO WE ARE
Redeemer’s Fellowship is a multi-generational church, serious about following Jesus but is NOT serious about themselves. They seek to connect the hope of Christ to the residents of their region, with a particular emphasis on the younger generations. Redeemer’s is the largest church in the Roseburg area and one of the largest in Douglas County. Currently, they are trusting God to reach “The Next 500” by dreaming big and by aligning themselves to have the greatest impact for the Gospel.
REDEEMER'S MISSION IS “HELPING PEOPLE FEARLESSLY FOLLOW JESUS”
Redeemer’s Fellowship is a non-denominational church of approximately 1,000 in weekend physical attendance (Pre-Covid), located in Roseburg, OR. Current weekend attendance is 550 people in-person and over 500 online. Redeemer’s is debt-free, financially stable, and operates with a yearly budget of approximately $1.65 million. The church functions with an elder-protected and staff-led organizational structure. In the past 13 months, the church has successfully transitioned to a new lead pastor, Billy Rieder, following the retirement of their former lead pastor of 30 years. Billy brings an energy and excitement to reach people with the life-changing message of the Gospel and leads with a whimsical demeanor. He brings a background of large church experience from the San Francisco Bay Area where he served as a teaching and multisite pastor for the previous ten years. He is passionate about making Scripture understandable and relevant for people in all stages of their spiritual journey. Presently, there are three services each weekend with one on Saturday night and two on Sunday morning. Saturday services are recorded and live-streamed on multiple platforms to maximize online participation. The church is eager to continue offering high-quality online service options even as Covid-restrictions are lessened and daily life continues to return to normal.
THE COMMUNITY OF ROSEBURG, OREGON
Roseburg is in the heart of the spectacularly gorgeous Umpqua Valley of Southern Oregon. It is an outdoor lover’s dream with endless opportunities to hike, bike, kayak, hunt, fish, and golf. It is also a major player in Oregon’s burgeoning wine industry with over a dozen wineries 30 minutes from downtown. Roseburg is an attractive community to people seeking relocation due to the relative affordability of housing coupled with a high quality of life. While Roseburg’s official population within city limits is around 23,000 people – there are over 80,000 residents in the immediate vicinity. This population allows people to enjoy numerous shopping, healthcare, education, and food options while maintaining that friendly, small-town feel.
Roseburg is an hour south of Eugene on the I-5 corridor and is just a 2 ½ hour drive to premier destination places such as Portland and Bend.
- Provide leadership, direction, and equipping for the overall worship ministry of the church. This includes developing volunteers musically, providing pastoral care, and building a dynamic culture of support and encouragement for all worship ministry participants.
- Oversee the planning, coordination, and leadership of the worship portion of all corporate gatherings.
- Regularly lead worship during the weekend services while working in collaboration with the lead pastor, production, and creative directors.
Works throughout the week to plan worship sets and equip volunteers with all sheet music, tracks, and samples as necessary.
- Competency with worship tech and apps: Planning Center Online, Click Track, and Ableton. Familiarity with church database platforms is a +.
- Knowledge of trends in contemporary worship styles, with an emphasis on content that is applicable to RF’s overall musical look and feel.
- Participation in set design, holiday programming, and special events held throughout the year.
- Possibility to assist with social media management, staff management, or other opportunities based on interest and giftedness.
- Three to five years as a worship leader in a mid to large church setting OR significant experience as a high-capacity worship volunteer in a larger ministry.
- Must be an accomplished vocalist and musician with proficiency with at least one instrument.
- Comfortable with both contemplative and energetic worship styles, with an emphasis on higher energy worship.
- Demonstrates proficiency in worship team management and mid-week team preparation.
- Team builder with a strong work ethic who enjoys having fun.
- Consistently exhibits Christ-like character with a heart for personal spiritual growth.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
To view the full opportunity profile for this role and to apply online: click here.