About the job
The Worship Director helps to uphold a consistent culture of praise and worship within our church body. This includes:
· Leading our congregation in worship songs during church services through singing, playing instruments and other expression of praise that fit our service style.
· Working with the pastors to select songs for each service and add input to help shape the overall Sunday experience.
· Coordinating the schedule of other worship leaders and worship team volunteers.
· Assisting the pastors in growing our church’s culture of worship and encouraging musical growth among our volunteers.
· Helping to evaluate the church services and add input towards growth.
· Participating in staff meetings and other church/denominational events when available.
· Leadership experience in worship. Leading groups in worship and helping lead worship teams of singers/musicians. Prior experience leading in church is ideal.
· Ability to lead vocally and instrumentally on guitar or keyboard.
· Ability to work with our positive and energetic pastoral and leadership teams.
· Dedicated Christian faith and character
· Must be a self-starter and able to complete long-term projects.
· Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the Free Methodist Church and a commitment to the mission/vision of AFMC.
· Sensitivity to Asian-American culture
· Prompt and responds to emails in a timely manner
Our current COVID Safety Protocols:
-we require masking indoors for all activity on the church campus including Sunday services
-social distancing is enforced indoors and highly encouraged while outdoors as well